Late addition: The times below can change. Sometimes the window is 1 hour later. I suggest trying at the times below and if it doesn't work, try again 1 hour later.
Preliminary Setup Before 2:30 AM EST
It doesn’t matter how soon ahead of time you set up (even days).
1. Put everyone you will be adding over the 150 limit at the end of your “Favorited by” profile list. This may require temporarily swapping people in and out of your favorites. To do this:
A. Starting at the last page of your “Favorited by” list, where possible select “Delete Favorite” to the left of their name to open room below the 150 limit to add others.
B. Add people who have not listed you as a favorite to your “Favorites” list.
C. Starting at page 1 of your “Favorited by” list, where applicable add people to “Favorites” list until you reach the 150 limit again.
2. After reaching the 150 limit, delete the last person in your “Favorited by” list you listed as a favorite so the site system records you are below the 150 limit. You should now have 149 people in your favorites list, with all of the people you want to add at the end of your “Favorited by” list.
3. Call up your favorited by list well before you want to add above the 150 limit. This is because you may not be able to call it up while the site is busy.
Begin adding at 3:10 AM EST
If you try to run this procedure and it does not work, delete an account again so you are under the 150 favorites limit, wait for the system to catch up, and try it again. If it doesn’t work the 1st night, try it again another night – the windows of time vary slightly from night to night. I have been able to run this at other times (as late as 7:10 AM EST) but not reliably - look for times when the site is not running or running slowly.
1. Call up the 1st page in your “favorite by” list which has an account you want to add.
2. Starting at the top of the page, add from your “Favorited by” list by clicking on “Add favorite” to the left of their tag name.
3. Take your time and go slow, allowing a few seconds between each mouse click and response.
-When the system adds the account to your favorites, the field will go blank.
-The system may not recognize the click at all.
-The system may periodically post the message “Unable to add – please remove some other favorites 1st”. Don’t worry, this is normal and may last for up to a minute - just click on “OK” and select the next “Add favorites” button again until the system will accept the request.
Note: When you try adding someone who is already in your favorites, you get the same error message “Unable to add – please remove some other favorites 1st.” This is why it is important to track who you have added, otherwise there is no way to differentiate if they have already been added or if the system is not accepting the addition. You will know when they have been added because instead of reading “Add Favorite” or “Delete Favorite” next to their name, the field will be blank.
Note: Do not refresh the screen unless you are calling up a new page for the 1<sup>st</sup> time. With a refresh the "Add favorites" reappears again. You will not know which accounts you have already added, and which accounts you still need to add.
4. Any time the system does not recognize the click or you get the error message, move on to the next account to add.
5. When you reach the bottom of the page, go back to the top and try again to add any accounts you skipped over. You will know when you have finished a page because the field to the left of the names you are adding will be blank.
6. When and only when a page is complete, move on to the next page in order and continue adding to your favorites.
Note: Do not go thru a page more than once or this will trash the appearance of your "Favorites" list - each name will only appear once, but with each click a slot in the list of 25 people per page will be filled - as a result less than 25 names will appear on each screen.
Don’t be alarmed when they are initially not shown as being in your "Favorites" and the "Add Favorite" button still appears. Wait a few hours and check if they were added successfully.
Warnings, Cautions, and Errors
Be very careful not to accidentally click on any “Delete favorite” in the “Favorited by” list – the system will record this, process it later, and you will not be able to add them back as a favorite until you repeat the entire process.
Be very careful not to click on “Add favorite” next to any account that the site has deleted (shown in black with a line thru the tag name). Even though they will not show up as a favorite, they will still count towards your 150 limit.
The system may list less than 25 people on each page in your favorites. This is because you clicked the same person more than once or clicked a deleted account – the system only displays the account once but fills the spot with each click.
The only way I have found to clear these errors is to delete everyone from my favorites list, then add them back – if you do this, make sure you have a way to keep track of those who aren’t listing you as a favorite.
If this works let me know with a comment below.
If this doesn’t work also note in a comment below as this could signify a change in the site’s programming.
Check back with this blog and the latest comments before trying this procedure in case the site does change its programming.
If you have problems I will help as best as I can, provided the whining is kept to a minimum (don’t mistake me for tech support).
If you want additional details of the site reputation process, you will find them detailed in the blog linked to below:
Deciphering and Shortcutting the Reputation Index
Starting at between 2:30 and 3:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time) various functions shut down as the site runs reputation index calculations. During the period of 4:00-4:30 AM EST almost nothing works. It is during this time that you can exceed the 150 favorites limit.